mol 0.9.48 & linux 2.2.16

Subject: mol 0.9.48 & linux 2.2.16
From: Stephen R. Anderson (sra@bloch.ling.yale.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 13 2000 - 13:16:55 MDT

I just installed kernel 2.2.16 on my B&W G3 (running much-upgraded LPPC-1999).
I then got the SRPM for mol-0.9.48 and built and installed the rpm. When I try
to startmol as root, it goes through the patching as expected, plays the
startup chime and switches to console video. This hangs at the happy-mac face,
and when I switch back to linux I see an endless string of "unimplemented
store instruction' messages.

When I try to run it as the logged-in user, it again plays the chime, brings
up an X-window and again hangs at the happy-mac with the same messages.

I have edited /etc/molrc to identify the correct disks, etc. (these parameters
used to work with version 0.9.45 or so), and put the MOLaudio extension in the
system extensions folder.

Is there something else I ought to do? Does this ring any bells?

--Steve Anderson