Re: Enable osi_enet causes MoL-MacOS crash at end of boot

Subject: Re: Enable osi_enet causes MoL-MacOS crash at end of boot
From: Bill Fink (bill@capu.net)
Date: Tue Jun 20 2000 - 00:53:19 MDT

> I set unique_mol_ethernet to "no" (_and_ rebooted).
> That helped. Of course I had to disable TCP/IP in MacOS in order not to
> interfere with Linux. AppleTalk in Mac OS is working fine, though.
> Thanks a lot to all who replied!

It shouldn't be necessary to disable TCP/IP in MacOS. With
unique_mol_ethernet set to "no", you wouldn't be able to communicate
with the Linux side of your system, but you should still be able to
communicate fine with any other systems on your local network.
Setting unique_mol_ethernet to "yes" adds the capability to easily
communicate with the Linux side of your system without having to
use EtherTap, assuming your Ethernet hardware has the necessary
hooks to support it (the only way to find out if the hardware
support is there is to give it a try). Are you sure you're using
a different IP address for MacOS than what you're using for Linux?
Also make sure the MacOS IP address is not already being used by
any other system on your local network?

                                                -Bill