G3 Powerbook booting up blank screen w/ MacOS8.1

Subject: G3 Powerbook booting up blank screen w/ MacOS8.1
From: John Palmieri (johnp@martianrock.com)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2000 - 09:03:37 MST

I am trying to get this thing to work. I think If I upgraded to MacOS 9

it would be better but I am currently a poor college student who can not

shell out the $49 (student price) for it. I upgraded to the 2.2.12
kernel and got things working to the point that when I run startmol I am

presented with a black screen and some errors:

Starting emulation...

Unknown SPR register 1017
Unknown SPR register 1017
Unknown SPR register 1017
Mapping GC at F3000000
video: Write to read-only register 6 !

I commented out the ROM stuff so that it would use the firmware rom. If

someone has a rom that works for the PowerBook G3 I would be grateful.

Quinticent
Martian Rock Interactive