Re: Mac LC575

Subject: Re: Mac LC575
From: Daniel E. White (igor@olg.com)
Date: Wed May 03 2000 - 07:13:52 MDT

>I just bought a Mac LC575
>(<http://ic-computers.com/mac/lc575.jpg>http://ic-computers.com/mac/lc
>575.jpg) and was wondering if it was possible to load Linux on it..
>possibly Yellow Dog Linux. The specs are at
><http://ic-computers.com/mac/>http://ic-computers.com/mac/
>
>I need a linux firewall and router and this would make a nice box
>for it if i can get linux to work on it.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Jason

Based on the info I have, you cannot use YellowDog on a 575.

Try this:

http://www.mac.linux-m68k.org/status/sysreq.html

Also, I know of a specific setup for a NetBSD load on a IIcx/IIci
with two ethernet cards that make a great little firewall / IP
Masquerade box. If you want the details, holler and I will dig them
out.
General info on that here:

http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/mac68k/