Mol Installation/Running Problems!

Subject: Mol Installation/Running Problems!
From: Dave Lesovoy (col22@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun May 07 2000 - 16:24:52 MDT

Ok, I have LinuxPPC 2000 with Kernel 2.2.15pre3. I have a Power Mac
8500/132 with a 233mhz g3 daughter card. I boot into linux using BootX
1.2b3. I am running Mac OS 9.0.
I have a 320MB HD with another copy of Mac OS 9 on it specifically
created for Mac On Linux. Its the HD I want MOL to use. I have the
mountpoint and everything set up, I can read and write it in linux and
all (and auto-mount it whenever linux boots up). After I did that, I
downloaded the newest version of MOL (0.9.41-1) into my root directory
(/) under the root user. I tried to install it in terminal mode (rpm -i
mol-0.9.41-1.ppc.rpm) but it said it couldn't open it. So I used the
gnome file browser to open it, and I double clicked install. I think it
was installed. I then goto the terminal, and type startmol. It starts up
fine, checks my System.map file, likes it, and gets ready to patch my
kernel, then it gets hit by indigestion. It says it failed to patch my
kernel. I can't figure out what my problem is. If anyone can help me,
I'd appreciate it.

-Dave

--
__