Appletalk over MOL?

Subject: Appletalk over MOL?
From: Zach (zach@mail.techead.com)
Date: Wed May 10 2000 - 10:48:38 MDT

I'm having a strange kinda thing on my linuxppc box.

Sawtooth G4/400 running 2.2.15pre19 and mol-0.9.41-1

TCP/IP networking works great under mol, but I can't get anything on
AppleTalk - _except_ one weird machine (i.e. WEIRD MAC).

The one remarkable thing about WEIRD MAC (its Chooser name) is that it
shares _none_ of the TCP/IP settings of the rest of our network. Is
this somehow significant? I asked my boss about WEIRD MAC and he
states that he never set the TCP/IP settings (MacTCP set to 0.0.0.0)

Why is this the only mac to show up in my mol's Chooser?

Is the solution to this going to involve creating and configuring an
ethertap on eth0?

:P

Zac

$name="zachery bir"; $email="zach@techead.com";
$position="systems administrator"; $altposition="witch doctor";
$voice="804.782.6971"; $web="http://www.techead.com";