Re: VirtualPC on Mac-on-Linux

Subject: Re: VirtualPC on Mac-on-Linux
From: Kyle Wheeler (memoryhole@penguinpowered.com)
Date: Wed May 17 2000 - 21:39:46 MDT

On Wed, 17 May 2000, Tom wrote:

> I am unable to get VirtualPC2.1.3 to run on Mac-on-Linux. Can any of the
> VirtualPC Products, which run slow but acceptable for my needs on top of
> the MacOS8.6 that I use, run on top of Mac-on-Linux?
>
> Mac error message

Actually, the reason for this is that Mac-on-Linux doesn't do sound as of
yet - and VPC *assumes* that sound will be there for it, and so crashes.
The only way it'll be running is if A) Mac-on-Linux implements sound or B)
VPC stops requiring sound.

It's the same reason that QuickTime doesn't always work...

Hope that helps,
~Kyle Wheeler

Mac for Productivity.
Linux for Development.