Re: mol-general Digest 26 May 2000 14:31:43 -0000 Issue 38

Subject: Re: mol-general Digest 26 May 2000 14:31:43 -0000 Issue 38
From: John Boyarsky (jboyarsky@ftyukon.yfsd.schoolzone.net)
Date: Sat May 27 2000 - 10:26:48 MDT

Eric,

I too have the G3 beige, but an All-In-One. I too tried using
the old world method.. I too had the same problem...

But a quick note from Samuel here straightened me out--

USE A NEW WORLD ROM!

I got one from my gfriend's iMac..

There are a lot of ways to get them... Do it and follow the
NewWorldROM Directions..

Email me if ya need pointers, I got mine up and running

John Boyarsky
Fort Yukon Alaska
Yippie! I can help someone else for a change!

>From: Eric Mendelsohn <mendelso@math.toronto.edu>
>To: mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
>Subject: Between two worlds
>
>I am trying to install mol on a putty G3 (old world ram)
running MacOS
>8.6.1. I am runninng Linux PPC 2000 . If I follow the "old
world ram"
>installation proceedure I get a black mac-on linux window and
mol
>hangs.There is no OS ROM file in the system folder so I used
ROM Grabber