ethertap vs. tuntap?

Subject: ethertap vs. tuntap?
From: David Wagner (wagner@math.uh.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 07 2000 - 10:57:41 MST

I became interested in ethertap as a result of recent discussions on this
list. I discovered that I did not have ethertap enabled in my 2.4 kernel,
and so I rsync'd the latest version of linux-pmac-devel. When I started to
reconfigure, I discovered that ethertap is now considered obsolete. A
little more searching revealed that the replacement facility is "tuntap".

Samuel, do you have any plans to migrate Mol to use tuntap instead of
ethertap?

BTW I think Mol is really great; thanks for all your work!

David Wagner