Re: ethertap vs. tuntap?

Subject: Re: ethertap vs. tuntap?
From: Samuel Rydh (samuel@ibrium.se)
Date: Sat Nov 11 2000 - 09:33:12 MST

On Fri, Nov 10, 2000 at 08:27:40AM -0500, R Shapiro wrote:
> Samuel Rydh writes:
> > At the moment, I'm examining how much work it would take
> > rewrite the mac-side ethernet driver using Apple's latest
> > sample code. I think this might fix the IP-printing issue
>

> Interesting. Do you think you know what the source of the problem is?
> It seems like a very odd one to me, given that it only shows up in one
> protocol and one src/dst context.

Well, since it works perfectly when running ordinary MacOS, I think
it must be the MacOS side ethernet driver (I've checked the linux
side driver and the tap/sheep_net stuff seems to work as it should).

 E-mail <samuel@ibrium.se> WWW: <http://www.ibrium.se>
  Phone/fax: (home) +46 8 4418431, (work) +46 8 7908470