Keyboard trouble

Subject: Keyboard trouble
From: Chris Backas (cb@gosargon.com)
Date: Wed Nov 15 2000 - 11:55:09 MST

Hello all,

I'm running a G4 450MP with YellowDog Linux, Kernel 2.2.17, and Xfree 4.01, and
I have MOL 0.9.53-1 installed. I've finally managed to get the LAN working
by creating an Ethertap device and masquerading from it to my eth0, and running
dhcpd on the tap interface. It seems my final hurdle to having MOL be useful
is the keyboard.

I've tried dozens of settings in the mol config file for the keyboard type, and
none of them even come close to working. I can't find a single keyboard key
that works as expected inside MOL =\ I *suspect* that this is because I'm
using the new input layer in Ben H's kernel, but I'm not sure about this. If
this is the case, is there a fix coming soon for this problem (as I assume the
new input layer is going to be adopted across the board eventually)

Thanks for any input!
Chris Backas