Re: absolute newbie here

Subject: Re: absolute newbie here
From: Albert W D'Amanda (aldamand@home.com)
Date: Fri Nov 17 2000 - 06:06:59 MST

on 11/16/00 10:43 PM, Robert Vogt IV at vogt@arborhost.com wrote:

>> Looks to me like it's not working :-). Any insights?
> Restart. Then try it. (It needs the restart to clean the kernel
> modules already loaded, such as an older version of MOL...)

*If that does not work, try the following that worked for me

I had to enter the following command to boot into MOL with bens kernel and
after rebooting upgraded MOL

Only had to do this once; linux automatically made the link and stored it--
note: new kernel sytem.map should be in /boot

<startmol /boot/System.map-2.2.17pre20-ben3>

albert