Re: MOL on Powerbook 3400c

Subject: Re: MOL on Powerbook 3400c
From: Albert W D'Amanda (aldamand@home.com)
Date: Sat Nov 18 2000 - 13:33:39 MST

on 11/18/00 9:26 AM, Samuel Rydh at samuel@ibrium.se wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 16, 2000 at 07:20:10AM -0500, Bob Kehoe wrote:
>> Hello again,
>>
>> Thanks for the last round of suggestions in my quest to run mol on

>> my Powerbook 3400. I have tried several things but am still having
>> problems.
>>
>*
>> kernel-module version mismatch
>> /usr/lib/mol/modules/mol.o was compiled for kernel
>> version 2.2.17pre10-ben1 while this kernel is version
>> 2.2.14-1.3.0bpmac
>>
>> kernel-module version mismatch
>> /usr/lib/mol/modules/sheep_net.o was compiled for
>> kernel version 2.2.17pre10-ben1 while this kernel is
>> version 2.2.14-1.3.0bpmac

******
hello
maybe my experience can help you

I am using bens kernel 2.2.17pre20-Ben3 with Mol 9.53-2

This worked for me.

when I first commanded <startmol >I got the same error messages you did
except that my kernel mismatch statement was for kernel 2.2.18x ---
All this has to do with System.map mismatch , which should be in the /boot
directory.

All I did was to command: <startmol /boot/System.map-2.2.17pre20-ben3
and it booted up. The second time, and all the time now, I just command
<startmol> and it boots up .Linux evidently makes the link and saves it.
During boot up, I still get the same mismatch kernel dialog statements,
,but MOL boots up with no problems. And I have just ignored it.

So, try commanding <startmol /boot/System.map-2.2.14-1.3Opmac > and see
what happens. First make sure it is in /boot directory

BTW you could go to bens linux page http://ppclinux.apple.com/~benh
and download his four rpms and update your kernel. Also, update to MOL
9.53-2 at the same time(make sure you <reboot> after installing MOL update)

albert