Re: Can I have different MOL settings in the /etc?

Subject: Re: Can I have different MOL settings in the /etc?
From: Keith Clayton (kclayton@jps.net)
Date: Wed Nov 22 2000 - 09:08:32 MST

One quick idea that comes to mind is to create your own startup script . .
to load the appropriate config file

You might do something like this . . first copy /etc/molrc to
/etc/molrc.eth0 and /etc/molrc.eth1 . . edit both those so they are the
networking is set appropriately for eth0,eth1

then have a script like

#!/bin/bash

# usage: <scriptname> <eth0|eth1>
if [ $1 = "eth0" ] then;

# remove the unknown molrc file and put eth0 settings in its place
  rm /etc/molrc
  cp /etc/molrc.eth0 /etc/molrc
  startmol
  exit

elif [ $1 = "eth1"] then;

# remove the unknown molrc file and put eth1 settings in its place
  rm /etc/molrc
  cp /etc/molrc.eth1 /etc/molrc
  startmol
  exit

else

  # default behavior if now arg given . . config eth0
  rm /etc/molrc
  cp /etc/molrc.eth0 /etc/molrc
  startmol
  exit

fi

If you call the script say my_mol . . then you would either do

my_mol eth0 or my_mol eth1 . . don't forget to do chmod u+x my_mol to make
the script executable

Also . . check my syntax . . I haven't had any coffee yet this morning and
I'm pretty bleary eyed.

Cheers,
Keith

Keith Clayton
kclayton@jps.net

"If you don't trust me with your source code,
            why should I trust you with my computer?"

GPG key: http://www.jps.net/kclayton/keith_public_key.html
         http://www.keyserver.net

GPG fingerprint: 0C47 F1A1 0434 588C 9457 D53F D86A 5449 43F6 09A0