No bootup of Mol from Linuxppc-2000

Subject: No bootup of Mol from Linuxppc-2000
From: Albert W D'Amanda (aldamand@home.com)
Date: Tue Oct 10 2000 - 12:16:16 MDT

hi all
need help

three months ago after installing linuxPPc 200o from the supplied
installation disc,I followed the how-to for MOL and was able to bootup MOL
from the linux side,no problem.

I recently reconfigured my hard drives. I started over with the linuxPPC
2000 CD installation and was able to bootup to the GNOME desktop with no
problems

But now cannot bootup the Mac side from the linux side using <startmol>.

On the Mac side , MAC OS ROM( V1.6) is in the MAC system folder; and
<vmlinux_mac_on_linux file is in the Linux Kernels folder in the system
folder.

On the linux side; generated the mkdir, mount & strip_nwrom commands(as
before).

On the linux side, rom.nw is in the /usr/lib/mol/rom directory , MAC OS ROM
is mounted as part of the mac bootup disc system folder in /mnt/albert
directory (albert is the name of my bootup disc). I even checked via
terminal commands that there is a symlink between /new.rom and MAC OS ROM.

When command <startmol>, get an error msg --there is no kernel patch---
I assume this means no kernel patch between the linux and mac side. This is
strange because looking at my notes I do not remember doing anything else
than as described above to get Mol to work. Do I have a corrupted system
map, or?

any suggestions as where I should look?

thanks to all that reply

albert