Problems booting OS 9 on PPC-Linux

Subject: Problems booting OS 9 on PPC-Linux
From: Ben Ricker (bricker@us-rx.com)
Date: Tue Oct 10 2000 - 14:51:44 MDT

I have gotten to the point, while launching mol, that I see the smiley
Mac face and then it flashes to the OS 9 splash screen. I have a
Powerlogix G3 upgrade card, and OS 9 dies hard after it loads the
Powerlogix cache driver. I have tried holding down the shift key to stop
all extensions from loading but it seems to ignore it and still try to
load the Powerlogix extension.

Has anyone had this problem? I am using the latest version of mol on
LinuxPPC2000. I am trying to get networking up so I can update what
needs to be updated, but I need to share some downloaded files between
my Mac HFS+ volume and Linux. I can write them to CD but it is time
consuming and wastes a CD. Additionally, most programs are too large for
floppies.

Any ideas?

Ben Ricker
Web Administrator