Re: [Fwd: Downloading new version of MOL]

Subject: Re: [Fwd: Downloading new version of MOL]
From: Albert W D'Amanda (aldamand@home.com)
Date: Fri Oct 20 2000 - 14:47:54 MDT

Anne et Bertrand wrote:

> Type "man rpm" in a terminal to know what to do... (the command to
> upgrade package is "rpm -U" with the options "-vh" if you want to be in
> a verbose mode). An "upgrade" button is available in gnorpm (if you use
> it). This qustion has nothing to do in particular with mol.
>
> Friendly Bertrand Dekoninck

*******************
((my equipment PCI 7600 to G3 400/1mb; mac OS8.6; linuxPPC 2000 CD ,
kernel 2.2.17pre9-ben3 & GNOME in root mode.))

All of the above does not "work" . Get same error msg

BTW. can install rpms via GNOME using right click of mouse(done this
many times)

what did work was that I had to go into /files and delete,
line-by-line, the mol package installed by the linuxPPc 2000 CD

After that, mol-0.9.50-1 installed.

But I do have a mol problem .After following line-by-line , the
installation instructions delineated the mac-on-linux-user guide:
<http://www.maconlinux.com/userguide.html> get the infamous error
message
"...cannot patch the kernel--etc "

have everything;
 downloaded MAC OS ROM (8.6) from apple, tomed it and placed in mac side
system folder.

On linux side; did the mount--- and strip_nwrom---operations.checked
locations; all is well.
rom.nw is in /usr/lib/mol/rom directory and my mac bootup drive with the
system folder/MAC OS ROM is in /mnt.

what puzzles me is this. Since I can bootup(via bootX) from the mac
side to the linux GNOME desktop OK, all the kernel versions on both the
mac and linux sides must be correct. If strip_nwrom--- links the linux
side with the MAC OS ROM, why no mac OS bootup when I commnad
<startmol> ?

Is it a hardware or software problem. Do I have to change something in
/etc/molrc ?

thanks for your time

albert