Re: consoles blank since MOL 0.9.52

Subject: Re: consoles blank since MOL 0.9.52
From: Eduard Hoenkamp (hoenkamp@acm.org)
Date: Thu Oct 26 2000 - 03:54:58 MDT

Bruce Thompson wrote:
> to time as well. What happens is mol starts up fine, everything's
> running great. After a few minutes though (particularly if its just

Hello Bruce,
Thank you for replying so quickly.
In your case, maybe the MacOS energy saver has something to do with it?
You could try to switch it off. In my case I hear the startup boing, but
the screen *remains* black. So I assume it switches to some unknown
video setting.
I first used molvconfig, and let it set the video according to the
current setting in linux. However, the file /usr/lib/mol/config/vmodes
it creates does not contain video info, where I would expect an 'fbset'
like code.
Eduard.

> FYI, I strongly suspect that the 6 mol processes you are seeing
> are actually six threads using kernel threads. These show up in the
> process list as if they were full processes but in reality they're
> not.

that is good to know.