Re: mol-0.9.57 uploaded

Subject: Re: mol-0.9.57 uploaded
From: Ramprasad Rao (ramp@oddjob.uchicago.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 12:17:22 MDT

Hi,

Try as I may I can't get mol to boot. I have an iMac G3 333 MHz with 384 MB
of RAM running 2.4.3. It stops after

-- Error snipped --
HFS disk: 2000 MB, /dev/hda6 [read-write]

Mapping GC at 80800000
RTAS instantiated at 00004000
************ WARNING, phandle == 0 ***********
********* of_quiesce *********

There are no error messages. I've had this with a number of versions of mol.
I recompiled mol-0.9.57 from the SRPM. I have mol support in the kernel.

Also, after startmol there are two modules that seem to be loaded : mol and
molsymglue2. I cannot seem to be able to 'rmmod' as I get

# /sbin/lsmod
Module Size Used by
mol 41312 1
molsymglue2 608 0 [mol]

# /sbin/rmmod mol
mol: Device or resource busy
# /sbin/rmmod molsymglue2
molsymglue2: Device or resource busy

Is my problem that I built mol support into the kernel. Should I remove it.

Thanks - Ram