TiBook Keyboard Info

Subject: TiBook Keyboard Info
From: Ammon Skidmore (ammon@skidperfect.com)
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 20:09:52 MDT

Here's a few things related to the keyboard & mol on a Titanium laptop:

1) The tick mark (`) and tilde (~) keys are mapped wrong. I fixed
this by adding the following line to my molrc:
remap_key: 41 50

2) The keyboard id for the TiBook is 195 (PwrBkEKDomKbd). The molrc
should be changed to note that you can also get the proper keyboard
id by booting into the macos natively and checking the 'kbd ' gestalt
selector.

An easy way to check the selector is with the free GestLab program
<http://www.geocities.com/jp_curcio/>. (I also noticed that mol
installs the selector 'MOL-', which is unknown to GestLab. Perhaps
its description should be submitted to the GestLab database Samuel?)

3) I'd like to be able to map the enter key to the command key. I
suspect that to do this I'll need a keymapping file. Are there any
example keymapping files out there? Would this be the best approach?

-Ammon

--
Skidperfect Software			<http://www.skidperfect.com/>