MOL 0.9.57 crash and other oddities

Subject: MOL 0.9.57 crash and other oddities
From: Eric Volker (ebv1@home.com)
Date: Sun Apr 15 2001 - 14:33:54 MDT

I just downloaded the MOL 0.9.57 rpm for 2.2 kernels and I'm having
problems of course. This is surprising since 0.9.53 worked fine (sans
sound.) When I run startmol from an xterm I get the a window showing
"Starting Mac OS". The progress bar stops progressing about an 1/8 of
the way through, then in the xterm I see the following error repeated ad
nauseum:

RVEC_UNUSUAL_DSISR_BITS: dar 00000000, dsisr 00100000

Hitting CTRL-C in the xterm stops the repeating error and results in
this output (I copied this by hand, so it may contain errors):

cleaning up...
Terminating threads...
RVEC 00 NOP - : 124326
RVEC 01 Init - : 1
RVEC 03 EnableFPU - : 51
RVEC 06 Trace : 0
RVEC 09 Soft ISI Trap : 0
RVEC 10 Soft DSI Trap : 1056
RVEC 11 Alignment Trap : 0
RVEC 13 SPR Read : 18
RVEC 14 SPR Write : 16
RVEC 15 Privileged Instruction : 0
RVEC 16 Illegal Instruction : 2
RVEC 17 Unusual Program Excep : 0
RVEC 18 Altivec Unavail Trap : 0
RVEC 19 Altivec Assist : 0
RVEC 20 EnableAltivec - : 0
RVEC 21 Exit - : 1
RVEC 22 Interrupt : 5412
RVEC 23 OSI SysCall : 5100
RVEC 25 IO Read : 28054
RVEC 26 IO Write : 9298
RVEC 27 MSR POW (DOZE) : 0
RVEC 28 Unusual DSISR Bits : 49288
RVEC 29 MMU IO Segment Address : 0
RVEC 30 Internal Error : 0
RVEC 31 Debugger : 0
RVEC 32 Break : 0
RVEC 33 Bad NIP : 0
DONE

So what are DSISR bits and why are mine unusual?

System configuration:

Motorola Starmax 5500/200
NewerTech G3-L2/350
no-name OHCI compliant USB PCI card

root partition /dev/hdd7

Block device specified in /etc/molrc

blkdev /dev/hdc5 -rw

Other blkdev lines commented out. Console video is disabled.

Also, since running molvconfig I can't "startx" as root. The X server
starts up with some unusual video artifacts, then crashes. X works fine
when used with my regular user account.