Re: Installing MacOSX along with existing Linux Partitions, How?

Subject: Re: Installing MacOSX along with existing Linux Partitions, How?
From: Derrik Pates (dpates@dsdk12.net)
Date: Thu Aug 02 2001 - 22:36:33 MDT

On Thu, 2 Aug 2001, Derrik Pates wrote:

> Do you have the powerpc utils installed? One of the tools included with
> them is called nvsetenv, which allows the bootstrap setup tool to set the
> 'boot-device' variable in NVRAM. On debian, the package is called
> 'powerpc-utils' - if you're using a RH-derived distro (like LinuxPPC 2000
> or YellowDog), it's probably similar.

Also, I discovered that if you don't have a /dev/nvram device node (majjor
10, minor 144) or NVRAM device support (enabled in the Character Devices
section of kernel config), nvsetenv won't have a way to access the
contents of NVRAM to read them, let alone change them.

Derrik Pates | Sysadmin, Douglas School | #linuxOS on EFnet
dpates@dsdk12.net | District (dsdk12.net) | #linuxOS on OPN