--loadonly on 0.60?

Subject: --loadonly on 0.60?
From: Stefan Jeglinski (jeglin@4pi.com)
Date: Mon Aug 20 2001 - 14:49:26 MDT

I've just had a hell of a time with the new mol.

This is a PowerTowerPro with a PowerLogic G3 upgrade card, running a
brand new 2.4.9 kernel from ppc.bitkeeper, compiled with SMP and
altivec off.

I rsynced the latest mol from the zorn machine (0.60) and had no
problem building or installing. Using an 8.6 install with the 8.6
ROM, newly installed and stripped. Altivec disabled in molrc.

Used to be, in my rc.local file, I had "/usr/bin/startmol --loadonly"
which allowed, *after* boot into runlevel 3 and launching X, any user
to run mol.

With this kernel/mol combination though, when it gets to "--loadonly"
line in rc.local, mol launches in full-screen mode, and I am unable
to get to any linux console except through telnet.

Was I not using --loadonly correctly before?
Is there something that's changed about this feature in 0.60?

Help!!

Stefan Jeglinski