network stuff with 2.4.x kernels

Subject: network stuff with 2.4.x kernels
From: r may (mayro@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Aug 24 2001 - 10:28:34 MDT

If this has already been answered please point me towards the right place.
I'd like to use my ppp conection in mol. The info I have found seems to be for older kernels and modules. Is it any different for newer development kernels. Ethertap is still available but listed as obsolete, so do I still use it or should I now use ppp over ethernet? I guess the big question is: whats the quick and easy way of doing this with the 2.4.x kernels?

thanks, robert m