Re: compiling MOL modules on Debian?

Subject: Re: compiling MOL modules on Debian?
From: Aaron Schrab (aaron@schrab.com)
Date: Sun Dec 30 2001 - 03:46:46 MST

At 02:02 -0800 30 Dec 2001, Wilhelm *Rafial* Fitzpatrick <rafial@well.com> wrote:
> I've been running with a copy of MOL compiled and installed from
> tarball. I just compiled a new kernel for Debian on my TiBook and I
> decided I'd install MOL the debian way. So I apt-got mol and
> mol-modules-sources, and followed the directions to make the modules
> with make-kpkg. However, the make fails with the error dh_testdir:
> Command not found.
>
> Any hints to get me past this?

The new apt-file package can help here. Alternatively,
http://packages.debian.org can also search for the package that contains
a file.

120)pug$ apt-file search dh_testdir
debhelper

If you used a frontend to apt (I've found aptitude to be fairly good)
rather than apt-get itself, this likely would have been installed
automatically along with mol-modules-source, since that recommends the
debhelper package. Unfortunately apt-get only handles required
dependencies, it doesn't do anything with recommended packages.

--
Aaron Schrab     aaron@schrab.com      http://www.execpc.com/~aarons/
 Real programmers can write assembly code in any language.   :-)