Re: mol does not start

Subject: Re: mol does not start
From: Joe Pellicer (joe@pellicer.org)
Date: Tue Feb 06 2001 - 11:50:02 MST

Thank you Derrik,
yes, I installed by RPMs...
where can I find instructions for compiling the kernel? I need really good instructions, please, I'm new to this compiling thing :)
Thanks,

==
Joe

On Tue, 6 Feb 2001, Joe Pellicer wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> I love the idea of MOL and I recently installed LinuxPPC 2000 Q4 on my new
> Indigo iBook (64 MB RAM), but I can't get it working.
> I installed both 0.9.50 and 53 with vmlinux 2.2.17pre20 ben3, and the Mac
> OS ROM 3.8 from the Ethernet Upgrade in the MOL site.
> I keep getting the same errors (I allocated 64 MB RAM in molrc):
> Warning: kernel-module version mismatch
> ..../modules/mol.o mas compiled for kernel 2.2.17
>
> .../modules/sheep-net.o was compiled for kernel 2.2.17

This means that the kernel modules that MoL depends on are built for a
different kernel than what you have running.

> Well, I'm not an experienced Linux user, any ideas, suggestions?
> Thanks!

How did you install MoL? Using the RPM packages? You may have to rebuild
from source, so that the kernel modules are correct for the kernel you are
using.

==
Joe Pellicer

Get free web mail! --> http://www.pellicer.org/