Thanks for the tip.

Subject: Thanks for the tip.
From: John Hancock (jt_hancock@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Feb 13 2001 - 00:39:17 MST

I got a little further with your advice. First of all,
I executed "rpm --upgrade mol-..." and that went fine,
then I opened the term. and entered startmol and I got
a video-mode configuration script, but after that, I
got some messages complaining about kernel module mol,
and a suggestion (from mol) to do /sbin/rmmod mol.
Like a good boy, I did that, and now I see

Mac-on-Linux 0.9.53, (C) 1997-2000 Samuel Rydh
<samuel@ibrium.se>
This kernel is NOT runtime patched
Trying to apply MOL runtime patches.
**** Examining '/boot/System.map' ****
Warning - the symbol 'Using_Versions' is undefined
**** Success ****
Patching the kernel...
Rule 0: *** FAILED ***

And then I see the same thing for Rules 1-12, and then
it ends with a the message "No patching was
performed".

Oh yeah - I'm using Yellow Dog Champion Server 1.2,
kernel 2.2 ... so maybe I've got the wrong mol for
this kernel (damn I can't believe I didn't think of
that before)

OK all you unix geniuses, any advice for the dumb guy?