Re: xmms disk writer plugin

Subject: Re: xmms disk writer plugin
From: Christoph Ewering (eweri@cunde.de)
Date: Mon Feb 26 2001 - 00:58:31 MST

Hello Matthew!

Sounds like the old story about endian-problems. Contact the programmer
of the software and ask to remove this problems. This also affects the
Alpha, m68k, sparc, etc. (AFAIK these are all Big-Endian-CPUs where x86
is a Little-Endian-CPU)

I think this is a stupid problem, cause AFAIK linux has APIs that take
care about the right endianess.
The FireWire-driver for PPC has the same problem, but it is now in the
works. (not by me, i´m not a programmer) :-)

But think about it, it is free-software. If the programer won´t do it,
you have to do it by your own :-)

Bye,
        Christoph