Re: MOL starts at last but does nothing...

Subject: Re: MOL starts at last but does nothing...
From: Chris Boot (bootc@worldnet.fr)
Date: Sun Jan 07 2001 - 07:18:59 MST

> Hi, i am not too new and not too old in mol.
> I am an owner of Powerbase 180 which has 603ev processor so as you know to run
> mol the kernel must be compiled with mol patch applied.
> After nearly a month later since i first tried to compile a new working
> kernel,
> everything went well and now i have a working compiled kernel(2.2.10).
> And tried to run mol , no error , nothing in the terminal of GNOME i run mol
> and
> a mol window opens, all the HFS partitions are mounted,i mean etc/molrc is OK,
> and everything seems OK, but the window opens and nothing happens, waits,
> waits,
> waits....
> Another problem that i had was that i use no video driver option clicked in
> the BOOTX application while starting Linux and when i turn it off(i mean linux
> use its own drivers), only the string booting... seems in the screen and i can
> not see any other thing.But the system opens normally and i can shutdown it
> without my eyes.You can say that while compiling the kernel perhaps you did
> not
> check the character devices option, but i did.My monitor is Philips
> Brilliance(15A) and i have 2MB. of VRAM, i am in trouble if you pay a little
> time
> to help, i'll be glad, thanks from now four your attension.

Well, my first suggestion would be for you to upgrade to kernel 2.2.18 or
even 2.4.0 if you can get it to compile (just grab 'em off ftp.kernel.org).
The Pmac crew have done a lot of good work on the kernel and fixed up _many_
bugs which could be show-stoppers.

--
    .-.        Chris Boot
    /v\     bootc@worldnet.fr