Re: fun with the new Mac OS 9.1...

Subject: Re: fun with the new Mac OS 9.1...
From: Geoff Ghose (geoff@focus.neusc.bcm.tmc.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 12 2001 - 09:23:58 MST

Geoff Ghose wrote:

> Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> >
> > >Just for yucks I decided to try it. MOL starts up fine, but I get a
> > >Macintosh OS message
> > >reading:
> > >
> > >This startup disk will not work on this Macintosh model. Use the latest
> > >Installer to
> > >update this disk for this model.
> > >

> > >Sounds like a disk driver issue. Any ideas on how to fix it?
> >
> > Did you ugprade your MacOS ROM with the one that comes with MacOS 9.1 ?
> >
> > Ben.
>
> My deepest apolgies for my idiocy. I just thought of that myself, and now it works just
> fine.

Well I amend my previous comment. It works fine for a while and then I get zillions of the
following message:

Unimplemented store instruction 4C000064

To complicate matters, I have also upgraded my system to LinuxPPC2000-Q4 (an upgrade that
I would not recommend by the way), but after the Linux upgrade and before the Mac upgrade
things seemed to be working fine.

I might uninstall 9.1 just to make sure. But I'd be interesting in hearing other's
experience on 9.1 within MOL.