Re: greenish video output with mol + fullscreen

Subject: Re: greenish video output with mol + fullscreen
From: Derrik Pates (dpates@andromeda.dsdk12.net)
Date: Mon Jan 15 2001 - 21:08:38 MST

On Tue, 16 Jan 2001, florian wrote:

> i just managed to get mol working on a pismo powerboook with suse
> 7.0. the only problem which i have no idea how to solve it, is that
> the video out of mol looks kinda greenish.. i tried to change some
> gamma settings in molrc, but it didnt effect anything..

What color depth are you running X at? It may be that the display
controller uses an unusual 16-bit color mapping method (most use 565 - 5
bits red, 6 bits green, 5 bits blue). If you're running at 16 bpp, try 24
instead, and see if it goes away. (That's _always_ 888, afaik.)

> how can i let the video output run 100% fullscreen, without the
> windowmanager stuff around it. or maybe even put it on a different
> vt. so i could switch to it via ctrl + apple + f-whatevernumber..

If you have fullscreen mode enabled in your molrc (by default it is on, so
unless you've changed that...), so on the first available VT (if, like on
the PowerMac at my work, the Xserver takes VT 7, MoL will take up VT 8).
Just press Ctrl-Command-F8 (if your setup is like what I'm using) to jump
out to it. (It'll be faster than X video output, as well.)

Derrik Pates | Sysadmin, Douglas School| _ #linuxOS on EFnet
dpates@dsdk12.net | District (dsdk12.net) | | | and now OPN too!
   Student @ South Dakota School of Mines | __| |___ _ _ _ ___ _ _ ____
       & Technology (www.sdsmt.edu) |/ _ / -_) ' \ '\/ _ \ ' \ (____)
UNIX: Because you want to USE your computer.|\___,\___|_||_||_\___/_||_|