Re: dual head with powerbook pismo

Subject: Re: dual head with powerbook pismo
dpates@dsdk12.net
Date: Tue Jan 16 2001 - 13:07:00 MST

Quoting florian <florian@twelvefire.de>:

> 00:10.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Mobility M3
> AGP 2x (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [VGA])
> Subsystem: ATI Technologies Inc Mobility M3 AGP 2x
> Flags: bus master, stepping, 66Mhz, medium devsel, latency 255, IRQ
> 48
> Memory at a4000000 (32-bit, prefetchable)
> I/O ports at 0400 [disabled]
> Memory at a0000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)
> Expansion ROM at a0020000 [disabled]
> Capabilities: [50] AGP version 2.0
> Capabilities: [5c] Power Management version 2

Ok. Obviously, since there's only one display controller device listed, it must
do some kind of single-chip dualhead arrangement. (The Mobility M3 is, iirc, a
Rage128-based design.) You might send an e-mail to Xpert@XFree86.org, and see if
anyone there knows anything about single-chip dualhead with the M3 - the only
chip I've heard previously of something like this being done with was Matrox's
G450 (I think).

Derrik Pates
dpates@dsdk12.net