Re: oftree

Subject: Re: oftree
From: Martin Costabel (costabel@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Mon Jan 22 2001 - 15:13:51 MST

Terry Lynch wrote:

> on 1/22/01 9:11 AM, Terry Lynch at mtnweb@mac.com wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > In the mol docs it says that it is best to use an oftree from the computer
> > where the ROM was taken. Does anyone know how to get the oftree from a
> > Performa 6400? I don't even know what it is.
[]
> > Unimplemented store instruction BFA1FFF4
[]
> Is it possible that an earlier version of LinuxPPC 2000 will work with mol??
> My current setup: LinuxPPC 2000 Q4 on an iMac DV+.

Are you on a 6400 or on an iMac DV+? On the 6400, if you want to do an
old-world boot, that is with a system <= 8.1, you don't need any ROM or
oftree. Just comment the 2 lines with rom_image and oftree and use
newworld_boot:no. In case you want to transform an iMac into a 6400, I
can't help.

--
Martin