Re: oftree

Subject: Re: oftree
From: Terry Lynch (mtnweb@mac.com)
Date: Wed Jan 24 2001 - 08:28:11 MST

on 1/23/01 11:04 PM, Derrik Pates at dpates@andromeda.dsdk12.net wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Jan 2001, Terry Lynch wrote:
>
>> No problemo.....I found a 7200 ROM from a friend.
>
> Just out of curiosity... if you are running Linux on an iMac DV+, why do
> you need a ROM for a PowerMac 7200? Or an OF tree, for that matter? Just
> seems odd.

I want to run some older software that I used to run on a Centris 650, Final
3.2 and some others. They will not run on MacOS 8.6 - 9.1. So, I need to
install an earlier OS-- 7.6 - 8.1. I still have the Centris, but it runs
Finale very slowly. I want to get rid of that old thing anyway--consolidate
on one computer, lighten my "junk pile."