MoL current rsync tree on BenH 2.4.6 dies after a while of running

Subject: MoL current rsync tree on BenH 2.4.6 dies after a while of running
From: Derrik Pates (dpates@dsdk12.net)
Date: Fri Jul 06 2001 - 06:49:46 MDT

Don't know how long, since it apparently croaked in the night, but I just
ssh'd into the G3 at work, and checking the MoL logfile revealed this:

RVEC Internal Error 1700
Assertion failed in mainloop_start(), (mainloop.c, line 133)

I checked emulation/mainloop.c, and that asserts on the __stop variable.
Apparently the emulation layer died some horrible death, but I can't
figure out from grep'ing the source exactly where RVEC_INTERNAL_ERROR is
being returned to cause this to happen. I grep'd for '1700', and it looks
like it _might_ have something to do with the "Thermal Management
Interrupt". I'm not sure what.

Samuel, if you know of any good places to stick debugging printf's or
anything else of the sort, to help track down what's happening, please let
me know.

Derrik Pates | Sysadmin, Douglas School | #linuxOS on EFnet
dpates@dsdk12.net | District (dsdk12.net) | #linuxOS on OPN