Re: my (positive) MOL experiences

Subject: Re: my (positive) MOL experiences
From: leif (lhs@russisk.no)
Date: Thu Jul 12 2001 - 18:29:27 MDT

Samuel Rydh wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 12, 2001 at 10:53:51PM +0200, leif wrote:
>
>>Hello -- I too have experienced that the command «strip_nwrom
>>"/mnt/System Folder/Mac OS ROM" /usr/lib/mol/rom/rom.nw» did not work on
>>my version of YellowDog.
>>

> No... because the YDL version of MOL can handle an unstripped
> ROM (just copying it is enough).

So what I did was right or (se below)...

>>Instead, to grab a Rom image, I used Konquerer's ability to work as a
>>file browser and fetched the rom image that way. Having done that, I was
>>able to start Mac inside my YDL! But perhaps this way of copying the ROm
>>image is not as good as it can be?
>>

> Nope. In fact, the MOL developer tree autoloads the ROM image
> nowdays.

...nope to what? And what does it mean that MOL dev. tree autoloads?
Shouldn't it be necessary to copy the ROM image anymore? That was what I
  had to do at least. Trying to run startmol withouth the ROM.nw file
the mac os did not start.

>>But how should I do to get a full screen Mac OS?
>>

> Run molvconfig. You should perhaps disable xvideo in
> /etc/molrc file until things work properly.

A, yes, now I remember. I tried molvconfig but did not undestand
anything. I'll com back with more later, if needed...

--

leif