latest mol tests (BK .9.60/2.4.7-pre8)

Subject: latest mol tests (BK .9.60/2.4.7-pre8)
From: Iain Sandoe (iain@sandoe.co.uk)
Date: Thu Jul 26 2001 - 08:11:46 MDT

Hmm.

I don't think it was the serial stuff that was crashing the finder (err=10)
after all.

I took the FaxSTF inits out and it still happened (perhaps it's some USB
stuff, perhaps Kodak Precision is the culprit ... takes time to try the
permutations). I;m also using the latest OpenGL (1.2.1) and Carbon (1.3.1)
Libs.

I changed the nw_rom to 3.8 and it booted (although lost all the desktop
stuff)

Having said that - it only seems to be finding the first disk partition (of
those published in molrc) on each physical device - it's not mounting the ro
MOL partition on the desktop either.

More nastily - it seems to have hijacked something in PRAM - when returning
to "normal" MacOS boot I had a couple of crashes with a messed up location
manager and discovered that the TZ had been set to "Stockholm is a city in

I'll have to back off testing for a little (partly owing to lack of time,
partly 'cos I can't afford to lose the Mac - it runs the office :-)

thanks (Sam) for the mode-line conversion code - when I've had a chance to
run it I'll post the results (for others with aty 3DU_Pro).

ciao,
Iain.