Re: Using airport- doesn't anyone know?

Subject: Re: Using airport- doesn't anyone know?
From: Brice D Ruth (brice@webprojkt.com)
Date: Thu Jun 07 2001 - 17:15:23 MDT

I have MOL setup on an iMac DV w/ AirPort and it works fine. I have
done as Sam suggested - tap device + masquerading since this how I'm
used to setting up shared networking from my PC experience w/ VMware.

Quick FYI:

With kernel 2.4.x, you'll use iptables, so you'll want something to the
following effect:

iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth1 -j MASQUERADE (assuming eth1 is
your AirPort card)
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward (OR edit /etc/sysconfig/network
and set FORWARD_IPV4 to true/yes and restart networking for the change
to take effect)

Good luck,
Brice