A couple questions

Subject: A couple questions
From: harry eaton (haceaton@aplcomm.jhuapl.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 07 2001 - 20:30:40 MDT

Hi,

I haven't used mol in quite a while, just finally got back
to it.

I've got everything working pretty well, with a little
networking problem and a question on session saving.

My kernel is a 2.2 type, mol version is 0.9.58-1
The mac is given it's own IP address and on initial
boot the networking works fine. I've got netatalk running
on the linux side, and that works great too.

After some time ~ 30 min maybe, the networking stops
working, and the macos reports the ethernet interface
is unavailable. I can get it up again if I open the
TCP/IP control panel and change the IP address, save it,
then go back and set it back again. The loss of networking
can happen in the middle of network usage, or while
no networking is going on.

Any ideas?

I also can't save/restore sessions. If I hit F12 in the
macos nothing happens. If I hit it a second time I get
a shutdown menu. All options lead to what they claim, none
cause a save. The molrc file has a legitimate location
for the session file.

One more thing - this is on a beige G3.

Thanks,
harry