ReiserFS PPC + MacOnLinux = Crash

Subject: ReiserFS PPC + MacOnLinux = Crash
From: Andrei Verovski (andrei.verovski@parks.lv)
Date: Sun Jun 10 2001 - 06:30:24 MDT

Hi,

I posted this message before, but I figured out that some things need to
be described more precisely.

I reformatted my root partition from ext2 to ReiserFS (I have single
Linux partition), reinstalled Linux, and everything is OK except except
MOL - it crashes Linux either in XWindows either in console mode.

I recompiled again both 2.4.2 kernel (with Endian-safe ReiserFS support)
and MOL 0.9.53/0.9.58-1/0.9.59, stripped again NW ROM, changed MOL prefs,
but nothing helped. I have tried MOL 0.9.53, 0.9.58-1 and 0.9.59. I even
tried original MOL 0.9.53 and 2.4.2 kernel from SuSE distro, but the
result is 100% the same.

Installation: iBook FW Indigo, 320 MB RAM, 3 GB Linux ReiserFS partiton,
6 GB HFS+ MacOS partiton, SuSE Linux 7.1, glibc 2.2.17, Xfree 4.01, MacOS
9.1/ROM 6.1 (active), MacOS X 10.0.3 (not active).

I suspect the culprit is the ReiserFS partition where MOL keeps its temp
files, because I have almost the same setup as before, but it does not
work anymore. Just forgot, I have installed MacOS X on the same partition
where MacOS 9.1, but I keep only MacOS 9.1 active. I checked partition
map, installation of MacOS X did not changed it.

Here is debigger trace:
func_0020dfc4
0020dfc4 lwz r0,0(r12)
0020dfc8 stw r2,20(r1) <--- hard crash