ReiserFS PPC + MacOnLinux -> Working

Subject: ReiserFS PPC + MacOnLinux -> Working
From: Andrei Verovski (andrei.verovski@parks.lv)
Date: Sat Jun 16 2001 - 04:03:20 MDT

Hi,

I am really glad to say that I've got MOL 0.9.58 working great on
ReiserFS PPC volume with 2.4.2 kernel.

Here are few tips:

1) You should recompile MOL even if you did only minimal changes in your
kernel configuration, or upgrading glibc.

2) if you have hard MOL crash, I recommend manually remove all MOL files
from /etc and /usr/lib/mol, recompile and reinstall MOL, strip again
MacOS ROM, and do ONLY MINIMAL changes in molrc.

3) Please take into account that current version of ReiserFS enabled
yaboot (released by SuSE at June 5, 2001) may work or may not if you have
/boot and /root on separate partitions. Fix is on the way very soon from
SuSE (thanks to Olaf Hering and Jeff Mahoney).

Many thanks to Samuel Rydh for his help and excellent software.

* Best Regards --- Andrei Verovski *
* e-mail --- andrei.verovski@bigfoot.com *
* *
* Personal Home Page *