Re: iBook2 build problems

Subject: Re: iBook2 build problems
From: Michael Blakeley (mike@blakeley.com)
Date: Sat Jun 16 2001 - 18:23:35 MDT

At 7:19 PM -0700 6/16/01, Michael Blakeley wrote:
>I'm another iBook2 user trying to set up MOL. I saw the
>earlier post about using the latest rsync tree for the ROM
>revision issue, so I fetched that tree into /usr/src
>on my debian "woody" system, kernel 2.2.19.
>
>The modules seem to build ok, but I'm seeing a couple other
>errors. I fixed one by installing bison (is that documented
>somewhere?), but I still can't compile mon/ppc-opc.c
>My /usr/src/linux points to my self-hosted kernel source
>for 2.2.19.

It turns out that I needed to 'apt-get install binutils-dev' to grab
ansidecl.h - for the record, I jumped to the (false) conclusion that
I could hack around that error, but finally did a mailing list search
on 'ansidecl.h' and found the answer. I'm writing this from Eudora
under MOL on my new iBook (and it's much more responsive than OSX
classic).

...now if I can just get the airport working.

DOCUMENTATION REQUEST: maybe in the source directory INSTALL file?

"Compiling MOL requires the binutils-dev and bison packages."

-- Mike