Re: Mac 9500-132

Subject: Re: Mac 9500-132
From: Vinai (vroopcha@post.its.mcw.edu)
Date: Sun Jun 24 2001 - 11:12:01 MDT

On Sun, 24 Jun 2001, Postbud Per wrote:

}Are there anyone who have experiance with this "old" fashion mac.
}Any advice is appreciated
}
}I only have got macos751 - I guess I need an upgrade to 8.x - right ?

Not necessarily - I use MOL on my 8500 with system 7.5.5 (which can be
downloaded from Apple's site) and a 2.2.19 kernel. The only major issue
I can think of is what ROM image you can use. You might be able to use
the ROM from your 9500 that RomGrabber will provide. But if you get to
use MacOS 8.5 or newer, you should be able to use a stripped New World
ROM from the installer CD's for these versions of MacOS.

cheers
vinai