Re: Current MoL rsync does not build against benh's 2.4.6-pre3

Subject: Re: Current MoL rsync does not build against benh's 2.4.6-pre3
From: Olaf Hering (olh@suse.de)
Date: Thu Jun 28 2001 - 12:29:36 MDT

On Thu, Jun 28, Samuel Rydh wrote:

> > >Besides, Samuel mailed out a patch against the current MoL devel tree that
> > >fixes the problem with BenH's kernel tree. (Thanks, Samuel!)
> >
> > That MM change was done by Paul Mackerras in the linuxppc_2_4_devel tree
> > on which my rsync is now based. I think Paul moved part of the MM change
> > to linuxppc_2_4 "stable" yesterday, the new MM layer is meant to stay ;)
> >

> Paul's MOL-fix is now in the MOL developer tree (which is back online
> btw). I would be very interested to hear about any problems
> with this version. In particular, I would like to hear about
> the mol-dev/2.4.6-preN combination.
>
> rsync:
>
> rsync -vcaz zorn.theophys.kth.se::mol mol-rsync
>
> BitKeeper:
>
> bk clone bk://zorn.theophys.kth.se:5000 mol-bk

I didnt pull yet, but I took the patch that you posted a few days ago.
I disabled the _SEGREG stuff in mmu.c and compile went fine.

The only thing left is:

mango:~ # depmod -ae
depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.6/misc/molsymglue2.o
depmod: mol_interface

Should I only package symglue1.o for the recent kernels? My kernel rpms
contain the mol modules since a year.

Gruss Olaf

--
 $ man clone

BUGS Main feature not yet implemented...