Re: Error in running MOL

Subject: Re: Error in running MOL
From: Camilla Karlsson (camilla.karlsson@strath.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Mar 01 2001 - 13:08:13 MST

>This would seem to mean the NewWorld startup routines couldn't understand
>the ROM image. Did you actually take the .bin file off a CD? You do know
>what a .bin file is? It's MacBinary format. Assuming there's an actual ROM
>in there, you need to un-bin the file. If your distribution has a
>'macutils' package, install it, and there should be an 'unbin' utility
>somewhere in it. Use that to extract the file from MacBinary format, and
>then strip and move the extracted version to /usr/lib/mol/rom.

I have tried to run the command strip_nwrom on a Mac OS ROM file that
I downloded from "www.maconlinux.com". But it says the same thing
again, that it is not a NewWorld ROM image. I downloaded
Ethernet_Update_1.0.smi.bin because I'm running Mac Os 9.1 on my iMac
and used tomeview to extract it.

Camilla