Re: New World ROM image

Subject: Re: New World ROM image
From: Christoph Kniehase (Christoph.Kniehase@t-online.de )
Date: Tue Mar 13 2001 - 12:32:23 MST

on 28.02.2001 18:21 Uhr, Camilla Karlsson at camilla.karlsson@strath.ac.uk
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm having some problem installing MOL. I have copied the Mac_OS_ROM.bin from
> my Mac OS 9.0.4 installation cd into my home directory using xhfs. But typing
> the
> command "strip_nwrom Mac_OS_ROM.bin /usr/lib/mol/rom/rom.nw" , it says that
> Mac_OS_ROM.bin is not a NewWorld ROM image. Before that I installed
> mol-0.9.53-1 but I can't get the NewWorld image working.
> How can I get a valid Mac OS ROM image when I can't mount the hfs+ partition?
>
> If I type
>
> strip_nwrom "Mac OS ROM" /usr/lib/mol/rom/rom/nw
>
> it says that
>
> While opening Mac OS ROM: No such file or directory
>
> Camilla Karlsson

I do not know if you have figured it out since Feb. 28. You need to include
the exact path to the Mac OS ROM, for example :"/opt/...." if you copy (not
move !) the Rom file to your opt-directory. I recommend this because if you
have spaces in the folder names (such as in the German version of MacOS),
you need to type "\" and " " just to tell Linux the folder name.

--
Christoph Kniehase
Frankfurt, Germany