Problems with Ti Powerbook

Subject: Problems with Ti Powerbook
From: William K. Gibson (firstdesk@columbus.rr.com)
Date: Mon Mar 19 2001 - 11:09:55 MST

Okay, got the new Titanium Powerbook. After finally getting Linux to work
with 2.4.2 kernel and getting the latest XFree86 4.0.2 up and running (took
a whole week, ugh). Now I am having problems with MOL (naturally).

I have mol-0.9.55-1.ppc.rpm installed and it initially comes up, but at some
point during the boot process the entire machine locks up. The mouse stops
working and I get a long black line at the top of the screen, when I hit
return, the black line moves down one as if I was able to type- but I cannot
do anything at all. I suspect this is some kind of crash in the MacOS itself
but I'm not sure. I'm running MacOS 9.1

Oh, initially I got a completely black screen after intial bootup, but I
traced that to Macsbug which I have since removed.

Anyway, can somebody tell me if they were successful with the Ti G4. Could
you send me your /etc/molrc file to look at- maybe I'm doing something wrong
there. Should I maybe zap the pram or something? I need a clue here. I have
to get this up and running by next week.

--William K. Gibson
1stDesk Systems
firstdesk@columbus.rr.com