Re: AGP G4 keyboard issues with 2.2.19

Subject: Re: AGP G4 keyboard issues with 2.2.19
From: Jason McIntosh (jwm05c@mizzou.edu)
Date: Thu May 03 2001 - 12:56:02 MDT

on 5/3/01 1:43 PM, Hollis R Blanchard at hollis+@andrew.cmu.edu wrote:

> On Thu, 3 May 2001, Robert Vogt IV wrote:
>>
>> I'm having a _really_ annoying problem with my G4. The keyboard
>> (Apple USB) works perfectly with the YDL 2.2.15 kernel. The problem is,
>> it doesn't work with my 2.2.19 (or rather, the keyboard map is completely
>> wrong... return maps to '8,' 'j' maps to return, space maps to caps lock).
>
> Following the directions in the 2.2.18 directory at
> ftp://ftp.terraplex.com/pub/updates/kernel/2.2.18
> should solve your problem.
>
> -Hollis

As a further bit of info - that's a problem with the input layer. I found
that just using the newer kernels from the start, for install or otherwise
works out pretty good. However, I'm waiting to reinstall Linux on my
PowerBook until YDL 2.0 comes out. LinuxPPC 2000 Q4 has a pretty nice
installer, but it's packages are so out of date, and it's such a pain to do
updates on it, etc. I have to give kudo's to the YDL people for their
system - although I had a weird error the last time I tried to use yast on a
clean 1.2.1 upgrade to 2.0. It couldn't resolve all the dependencies. I
eventually gave up, and decided I could deal with Mac OS until YDL 2.0.
Speaking of which, is there a status check or an update on when we can
expect YDL2.0?

Also, as a side note for those who do any Database Dev. I'm working on a
java program for Oracle that will act like Oracle Enterprise Manager (sorta
anyway) but using only the JDBC Thin Client. I haven't released anything
yet, but I didn't know if anyone else would be interested.
Cheers!
Jason