Re: How can I use Airport from MOL

Subject: Re: How can I use Airport from MOL
From: Quentin Mason (quentin-mason@cornell.edu)
Date: Mon May 07 2001 - 10:45:55 MDT

Hi,

> Using MOL how can I get the Airport card to work.

That is not quite the way to think about these things.

> When I try to use the Airport application it complains that I don't
> have the hardware. The control strip says I don't have an Aiport Card
> installed. Do I need to install Airport on the Linux side? Looking for
> a clue. I have a Ti Powerbook.

The Mac-on-Linux is running inside Linux and only has access to the
hardware for which there are
a) drivers in MOL to access (b).
b) drivers in Linux to talk to the hardware.

So: you need to install the Airport on the Linux side. I would search for
the recent thread on linuxppc-user about this at http://lists.linuxppc.org
Then your airport can be used by Linux as if it were a regular ethernet
connection. This also means that MOL should be able to access it as a
generic ethernet connection.

Good Luck,

Q.