mol networking - I need help

Subject: mol networking - I need help
From: Adrian Simmons (adrinux@cubitum.co.uk)
Date: Wed May 16 2001 - 12:26:33 MDT

Once upon a time my mol networking was working, then I upgraded to
LinuxPPC 2000 and wiped my drive in the process.

I'm trying to get mol networking working again.

I've followed the advice on Brad Midgley's page at:
http://www.turbolinux.com/~brad/mol/

and Michael Peters' page at:
http://216.22.163.20/Linux_Pages/mol.shtml

With no luck - despite the fact it worked before.

In particular tring to start Brad's firewall script generates an error:

bash-2.04# ./firewall start
Starting IP Masquerading Firewall...ipchains: No target by that name
OK

And I can't get anywhere from the MacOS, which throws up a "network
error -3221".

Tried searching the archives and whilst I've seen mails saying /dev/tap0
is obsolete and such, there doesn't seem to be any summary of the changes.

My setup is:
Beige G3
LinuxPPC 2000
mol-0.9.58-1 from the rpm
self compiled kernel 2.2.18-5
nwrom from the MacOS 8.6 install CD (MOL boots fine)

Can anyone shine a light on whether the information in the mention links
is still relevant?
Is there an updated HOWTO available?
Can someone send a working Firewall script if they have a similar setup
to me?

Thanks

Adrian